My love for Rosewater started when I was about 13 or 14 years old! I had an extremely bad reaction to a topical acne medication and my mom used chilled rosewater to soothe my skin. My face went from bright red, irritated and itchy to calm and soothed in less than 24 hours! Even my swollen eyelids were back to normal after few applications of the rosewater soaked cotton pads.
I started using Rosewater regularly from that day on! My sensitive skin just loves it ;)
I particularly love to mist rosewater on my face throughout the day during the summer months to cool down and hydrate my face! Especially after spending time outdoors with my boys. Watch the video below to see my favorite way of storing rosewater to keep it cool and fresh.
Unlike other rosewater on the market that are created by simply dropping rose oil in distilled water, Papillon Organic Rosewater is produced through steam-distillation of fresh organic rose petals. Through the production process, the water can take on the color of the petals that were steamed.
This process produces much more health and beauty benefits than rosewater made by mixing rose oil with distilled water. This process extracts the nutrients from the roses.
Here are 10 benefits of Rosewater:
1. It can calm irritated/red skin due to its anti-inlfamatory properties. Works great for sensitive skin, eczema and rosacea.
2. It helps hydrate & revitalize the skin, giving you a glowy look.
3. It helps maintain the skin PH balance.
4. Cleans pores and helps with acne control due to its anti-bacterial properties.
5. Can be used on scrapes and cuts as it works as an antiseptic.
6. It is full of anti-oxidants and will help with fending off free radicals, strengthening the skin cells and aiding with cell regeneration.
7. Can be used to soothe sunburnt skin.
8. Smells like freshly cut flowers and can be used as a linen and laundry refresher.
9. Use it after washing your face to tone your skin or spray after applying make-up to set it.
10. Rosewater is great for your hair too. It replenishes lost moisture and shine and makes hair more manageable........ and lets not forget that it makes your hair smell amazing!
Have you tried Rosewater before? I would love to hear how you use it.
*Photo credit Rosio Fierro